In response to COVID-19, the City of Austin has provided Relief in a State of Emergency (RISE) emergency funding relief for Austin residents, especially those who are ineligible for federal assistance.
Who is eligible?
To receive assistance, you must meet all the following requirements:
- Are a resident of Austin-Travis County
- Have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and need assistance:
- Ineligible for unemployment or applied for unemployment but it will take too long to receive assistance
- Did not qualify for a federal stimulus check
- Currently make less than 200% of the federal poverty level; for a family a four, this means less than $52,400 a year.
What help can you get?
- Rent or mortgage payments
- Rent or mortgage debt accumulated since March 2020
- Utility bills
- Utility debt accumulated since March 2020
- Car repairs or payments
Applicants Must Provide:
- Proof of identity like a photo ID
- Proof of address – a utility bill, lease, or driver’s license (the name must match the name on the photo ID)
- Proof of income – a pay stub, Medicaid card, food stamp card
- If lost job due to COVID-19, proof of impact such as a separation letter from an employer
Who to Contact:
Download the Referral Reference Sheet in English or Spanish to locate an organization that best fits your needs.
Contact Caritas of Austin through the phone number or email address below. We will refer individuals to collaborative partners that can best meet your needs.
Call: 512-270-5342 (Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
Leave a voicemail message with your name, phone number and email address.