Grow your professional knowledge and skills with the Caritas of Austin team through our internship opportunities.
Caritas of Austin offers flexible internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students as well as non-academic internships. Interns are a vital part of the work we do to restore stability and build wellbeing for people on a daily basis. Caritas of Austin provides comprehensive training, so that you can support our mission in a meaningful way.
- Excellent, documented experience in human services
- The opportunity to interact and work with diverse populations
- The potential to gain a greater understanding of direct client services
- Opportunities to learn from and contribute to Caritas of Austin programs
- Opportunities to attend internal and external professional development trainings
- College credit, if appropriate
Internship Training and Requirements:
- Pre-training screening interview
- Criminal background check
- Caritas University training courses relevant to each internship
- Available a minimum of 18 hours per week
- Complete one hour of supervision with a Caritas of Austin staff member per week
- Report hours honestly and dutifully
- Set learning objectives and track your progress at reaching goals
See our current internship opportunities list below. If you have further questions or want to apply, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Hana Garner, at firstname.lastname@example.org”
Direct Service Volunteer Internships provide you the opportunity to work along side a direct service staff members and support staff and clients. You will receive a well-rounded training on Direct Services and Case Management.
Administrative Volunteer Internships provide the opportunity to learn the administrative side of a Direct Service Program, Development, and/or Financing in the non-profit sector. You will help support programmatic staff and receive knowledge of different aspects on non-profit administrative functions.